Community based Management of Acute Mal nutrition CMAM 1
|Working Area||Fund PKR||Funding Agency||Duration|
|South Waziristan Agency||4,318,904||WFP||1st Aug – 31st Oct 2012|
Community-based Management of Acute Malnutrition (CMAM) project was implemented in South Waziristan Agency FATA with financial and technical assistance of World Food Program (WFP).
The project was implemented in three Tehsils; Wana, Sararogha and Sarveikai, The targeted community and direct beneficiaries were children under 5-years of age and pregnant & lactating women of the South Waziristan Agency FATA.
RAHBAR established 13-Nutrition Health Facility Centers, 07-NHFCs in Wazir-belt while 06-NHFCs in Mehsood belt. Priority was given to local staff for effective project implementation and support role. During three months period, the organization benefited aggregate population through its established 13-NHFCs as follow;
- 85078 (54692-children and 30386-pregnant/lactating women) screened and measured on defined WFP MUAC’s criteria.
- 2016 OTP severe-malnourished children <5-years of age were admitted for proper medication and supplementary feeding program
- 6875 SFP moderate-malnourished children <5-years of age were admitted for proper and defined supplementary feeding program
- 4925 SFP/PLW pregnant/lactating moderate-malnourished women, were admitted for proper supplementary feeding program
- 6849-SFP children, 1983-OTP children and 4890-SFP/PLW pregnant & lactating women were followed up for 2nd, 3rd, 4th