AROMA Project of IPRP/SDC
Action Research on Medicinal and Aromatic Plants (AROMA) Project was launched in September 2004 in collaboration with Innovation for Poverty Reduction Project (IPRP) in Chagharzi valley of District Buner. The project was an IDRC funded research and development project.
- Identified 70 men and 31 women from the targets groups and educated them for Conservation of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants (MAPs)
- Experience sharing Mela was organized by partner organizations of IPRP, through demonstration of their services and product to the community
- Organized a one-day seminar on the protection and importance of forests with the collaboration
- Conducted meeting with the target groups to activate them for the activities concern with the use and marketing of medicinal and aromatic plants
- Established Information Resource Center (IRC) at the AROM office and formed one male and one female village Resource Center (VRCs). The main outcome of the VRC was the revival of traditional healing practices for primary health care of humans as well as livestock.
- Community-based enterprise development on MAPs
- MAP harvesting: harvesting of the sowed participatory with target group alsi (linum usttitassimum) ajwine (hyoscmus niger) kalwangi (nigella sativa) ispighol (plant ago avatar) and tukhume balango in gumbath tangora, Ispighol germinated, kalwangi villages of Chagharzai.
- Seminar on HIV/ADIS, One day seminar on HIV/ADIS was arranged
- Seminar on IPR (Intellectual property rights), one day seminar was arranged
- Agriculture And Livestock Mella,
- Tomato seedling cultivation
- Cultivation of peas and corienders
- Cultivation of Peas and Coriander in kitchen gardening
- Meetings for functional literacy centers
- Establishment of functional literacy centers